LGBTQ Ally Training Program
Presented by Madison NOW
Saturday, October 18, 2-5 pm
The Red Gym, On Wisconsin Room C
716 Langdon Street Madison, WI 53706
Cost: Free! Register here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/10ltXKKMbWMiIIDLYGVHyVeenTfCzkYqcK-cvV1Xq_ak/viewform
The Madison chapter of the National Organization for Women (NOW) is happy to bring the LGBTQ Ally Training Program at no cost for everyone who cares about creating a safe, positive and inclusive environment for the LGBTQ community.
Conducted by Katherine Charek Briggs, Assistant Director of the UW-Madison LGBTQ Campus Center, this program increases one's capacity to build and sustain inclusive environments for the LGBTQ community. The training builds on our natural ally behaviors, helping us make durable, sustainable change in our communities by being proactive allies, recognizing homophobia in our own lives, and reflecting on our power and privilege.
As a result of this training, participants will:
- Gain familiarity with commonly used terms within the LGBTQ community.
- Understand the developmental needs for those coming out as LGBTQ.
- Engage in dialogue about how to be an effective, proactive ally to the LGBTQ community.
- Receive information on local, regional and national resources about Allyhood and the LGBTQ community.
- Learn how attacks on women's reproductive healthcare hurt the transgender community.
Organizations wishing to support us in making this event free for attendees should contact Jo Anna Pautsch at [email protected] Your generosity will be noted at the event and in publicity about the training.
The Red Gym On Wisconsin Room C
716 Langdon Street
Madison, WI 53706
Google map and directions