About WGN Council
The WGN Council is a seven-member body composed of four members and one non voting alternate from the Regional Assembly and four members from the Task Force. The Council’s duties include but are not limited to:
- Provide administrative support for the Wisconsin Grassroots Network.
- Monitor both financial and human resource needs to meet WGN goals and make recommendations to assure future resource availability.
- Review Task Force and Regional Assembly project budgets and provide approvals.
- Facilitate partnership development and maintenance with external groups such as Citizen Action of WI, League of Wisconsin Conservation Voters, etc.
- Serve as the official WGN public relations link on major issues.
- Take actions on Voting Member acceptance and removal every six months after Task Force attendance is reviewed.
- Appoint a committee of at least five WGN members by November 30, 2014 to review the effectiveness of interim by-laws and provide recommendations for change.